The standard marketing B2B database decays about 1% per month, according to Marketing Sherpas, or nearly 25% per year according to other studies. From our experience, the situation is often even worse – only 20% or less of the database is active and emailable.
List quality matters. Twenty or 30 years ago, list quality was a critical function for any B2B direct marketer. So why does it get neglected when direct online marketing runs on it every day?
Database Health Checkup
As part of a Marketo Health Audit or a separate service, Etumos can review your database and its health, including but not limited to:
- Missing Demographic Values – if all you have is an email address, you have nothing yet. Use data services to increase segmentation abilities.
- Opt-In and Permission Fields – do you have the right permission to email these leads? Can we get it? Do you need a preference center to reduce unsubscribes?
- Emailability of records (allowed and possible) – do you have permission and have the leads bounced already? Stop sending to people who cannot receive your email.
- Active Leads vs. Inactive Leads – today’s systems can tell you in seconds if your audience is engaged with your content. Why email people who have shown they don’t care?
After the audit, we can recommend data enrichment partners to add the appropriate data appending and cleaning tools to your system. These may include:
- Deduping and merging tools across the MAP-CRM
- Data appending to fill in missing values.
- Data normalization workflows to correct misspellings, etc.
- List cleaning automation to handle bad email addresses.
Contact Etumos to make this happen for you.